The Aosta Valley
The Aosta Valley
Why Choose The Aosta Valley?
We've been working in the Aosta Valley for over 28 years now. It's a place we know better than any other ski operator, and we absolutely love it for a number of very good reasons.
- The valley is surrounded by some of Europe's highest peaks. Mont Blanc sits imperiously above Courmayeur and La Thuile. Pila rests on the shoulders of the Gran Paradiso, whilst the soaring peaks of Monte Rosa and the nearby Matterhorn parade to the north, providing a truly spectacular backdrop.
- All our resorts are high altitude and have superb snow records. And, of course, the skiing is superb.
- Skiing Italian style is fun and relaxed - the great choice of excellent mountain restaurants and cafes tells you a thing or two about the Italian approach to life on the slopes.
- It's a geographically and historically fascinating area. As well as spectacular mountains, you'll find hot springs, historic spas and fortified castles. The town of Aosta itself boasts more Roman ruins than any Italian town outside Rome.
- Italian and French cultures combine in a unique mix, and the people of the valley (known as Valdostani) are warm, friendly and welcoming. An official bi-lingual region, both French and Italian are widely spoken.
- Access is fantastic. Two major airports - Geneva and Turin - are within a two hour drive, and it is one of the closest Alpine snowsport areas to the UK by road (approximately 10 hours from Calais).
Because we've been taking people skiing and snowboardiing in the Aosta Valley for so long, we know everything there is to know about our resorts. We know which one will suit you best, where the best pizzerias and cafes are, how to find the best back country skiing or the perfect slopes for learning to ski. So if you've got any questions or want to know something specific, just ask - we'll have the answers.
Check out the many press articles written about this beautiful area.