Alpine Ski Course Leader (ASCL)
Alpine Ski Course Leader
Winter 2013/2014 will be Interski's 10th successive season of offering Alpine Ski Course Leader (ASCL) courses. Nine successful seasons have given us the insight and experience to produce the best yet in terms of price, convenience and, most importantly, accessibility.
Validation fees? Registration fees? Trainer fees? Course fees? All are included in your Interski ASCL course package! There are no additional costs at all on top of our fully inclusive price.
The ASCL course is designed to shape judgements leading to the responsible leadership and supervision of skiers already known to the holder of the award, whilst skiing within recognised and pisted skiing areas. Holders of the award are accredited to lead groups of skiers with whom they have a pre-existing relationship (eg, fellow members of a recognised club or organisation, youth groups with which they hold leadership qualifications, pupils or students from an educational establishment within which they are employed, etc).
Please note, holders of this award are not qualified to supervise groups other than those with whom they have a pre-existing relationship, or to give instruction unless otherwise qualified.
Please be aware there are a number of pre-requisites for attendance of the course - the candidate must hold an SCO award and have attended a 2 day HSE approved First Aid course.
- Return executive coach travel from Dover where discounted parking is available (call for details), OR
- Book and pay for your own flights. We'll pick you up from Turin or Geneva airport, OR
- If there is a coach pick up closer to your home on the date in question, we'll offer you a regional pick up with our compliments
- Breakfast en route to and from resort (coach travel only)
- Snack lunch on arrival (coach travel only)
- 6 nights half board accommodation at 3* hotel (normally twin share)
- Snack lunch on mountain every day
- 6 day lift pass covering Pila and Courmayeur
- All tutor and course fees
- Ski and boot hire, if required
- Comprehensive winter sports insurance
- Snowsport England registration and validation fees
- Distance learning book and/or course materials, as applicable
If you are making your own transport arrangements, please note that you need to arrive at the hotel on the day AFTER the dates shown on our website before 18.00. Please also note that on the final day, the course may not finish until 18:00.
Each Snowsport England tutor has a thorough understanding of the ASCL syllabus, workbook, philosophy and course requirements. Combining extensive knowledge, experience of the alpine environment and an impressive array of professional qualifications, these highly motivated individuals cannot fail to inspire and will bring out the very best in your performance and ability.
How To Book
Simply give us a call on 01623 456333 or drop an email to email@example.com to check availability. You then have one full week in which to get your deposit payment of £75 per person to us to secure your place. Alternatively, you can enquire online, and once we have checked availability, we will call you back on the number provided to confirm your place and take your deposit payment.
These courses are only available to bona fide group leaders. All correspondence will be sent to the school/college. The courses are demanding and, as such, you need to be aware of the levels of fitness/skill required. Please refer to our Policy Statement and contact Snowsport England on 01509 232323 if you are in any doubt as to your ability to take part.